It’s important to return on time, as you could impact the next member’s trip. If you’re running late, you’ll be charged for the extra time you used the car, plus an additional late fee:
- 1- 60 minutes late: $50 ($50 CAD)
- 61–120 minutes late: $100 ($100 CAD)
- 121+ minutes late: $150 ($150 CAD)
To avoid returning late:
- Book your trip well in advance while the car still has plenty of availability
- Take traffic into account and book enough time to complete your trip, refuel if below 1/4 tank, and clean out the car before ending your trip
- If the car is available, extend your trip from the “drive” screen in the app
- Turn on push notifications to receive trip status updates
Please call us at 866-4ZIPCAR if you are unable to return the car on time.
If you receive 3 late fees within a 12-month period, Zipcar will review your status and may suspend or end your membership.