With Zipcar, you can easily reactivate your membership at any time. To reactivate your membership:
For standard and University membership plans In the United States:
- Sign into your account page on a web browser.
- Locate the section Your membership and select Activate membership.
- Choose your membership plan and billing frequency.
- Review your payment information and select Activate membership.
- If you are reactivating a previous account with Zipcar, you may not be eligible for immediate approval.
- Membership plans automatically renew until you cancel.
- You can reopen your account online on the registration page here.
For Business accounts and all membership plans in Canada:
- To reopen a previous account, click here.
- Under Join as an individual select I want to re-open an existing account.
- Sign in with your previous username and password. If you don't remember your username and password, try resetting your password.
- Once signed in, you will be taken through the application process and asked to update or confirm your previous information before submitting the application.
- If you are reactivating a previous account with Zipcar, you are not eligible for immediate approval and it will take up to several days to verify your driver's license and driving record.
- If you still have your Zipcard, you do not need to wait for a new one to drive once you are approved. If you need a new Zipcard, you will need to wait to receive and activate your Zipcard before you can book Zipcars.