We are happy to pay for gas, but we count on members to fuel the vehicles. Every Zipcar has a gas card in the visor above the driver's seat that should be used when fueling the vehicle.
Your Zipcar needs to be left with at least 1/4 tank of gas, no matter how much it had at the start of the reservation. Please report if your Zipcar has less than 1/4 tank of gas at the start of your trip, leaving the vehicle with less than 1/4 tank of gas can lead to fees.
Using the Gas Card - US Vehicles
The following may lead to an error when using our gas cards in US vehicles:
- Purchasing anything other than gasoline
- Transactions over $50
- More than 2 transactions in a 24 hour period
Using the Gas Card - Canadian Vehicles
The following may lead to an error using our gas cards in Canadian Vehicles:
- Using the gas card inside the station. The card can only be used at the gas pump.
- Selecting "fill to pre-authorization limit". You must pre-authorize the card for $60 or less.
- More than 2 transactions in a 24 hour period.
Problems with the Gas Card
If you can't find the gas card or you are getting an error message when using it, please call us at 1-866-4ZIPCAR. If we can't troubleshoot your problem, please pay for fuel on your own and submit receipts for reimbursement.