We know that sometimes you need to take a break and hit pause on your Zipcar membership rather than cancelling it altogether. And that's A-OK with us! You can pause your monthly membership for up to three months, allowing you to take a breather without saying goodbye. So go ahead and hit that pause button - we'll be here when you're ready to get back on the road!
To pause your monthly membership:
- Log in to your Zipcar account on the website or mobile app
- Go to My Account and click on your membership plan
- Click Cancel Membership, and you'll be prompted to pause your membership for up to three months
- Pick the timeframe for the pause period that works for you
- Click Pause Membership and you're all set
Your membership will be paused during the selected period and you won't be charged for any usage. When the pause period ends, your membership will automatically reactivate, and you can start using Zipcar again.
Keep In Mind
- Annual memberships are unable to be paused
- Damage protection that is cancelled or charged in the pause period is non-refundable
- If you have a monthly damage protection plan, it will also be paused unless you choose to cancel it
- If you purchased an annual damage protection plan and decide to pause your membership, it will be cancelled
- Additional trip costs, such as tolls and violations from past trips, will be charged if received during the pause period
- A paused membership can be reactivated on your account page
- Any trips previously booked during the pause period will be cancelled