There are two options for the Commuter membership, depending on what type of vehicle you prefer, Standard and Plus:
Standard Commuter Membership:
- Vehicle types include: Honda Civic, Volkswagen Golf, Toyota Corolla or similar depending on availability.
- Includes a month's worth of weekday reservations (5am Monday- 7pm Friday) per monthly membership fee. Weekend reservations not included, but members have the option to make their own weekend reservations.
- Members pay for miles driven: In US cost is $0.45/mile, and in Canada the cost is $0.30/KM.
- Gas, insurance and a dedicated parking space are included. For gas, a payment card is provided, but it’s the member’s responsibility to ensure there is at least a quarter tank in the vehicle at the end of the week.
- All commuter weeklong reservations must be within the same metro as the member. Weekend reservations can be made across the US and Canada.
Upgrade to Plus Commuter membership to receive AWD and Zipcars with larger capacity:
- Vehicle types include: Honda CR-V, Jeep Renegade, Ford Escape, Subaru Crosstrek or similar depending on availability.
- All benefits of the Standard membership also included.
- Cost will vary depending on the metro. To see costs in your area, please click here.
- Membership is based on a monthly fee. It's charged on your settlement date every month.
- Mileage from weekday reservations will be billed at the end of each week.
- If you book additional hourly or daily Zipcar reservations on the weekends, you will be charged fees + mileage at the end of each reservation.