To join Zipcar's membership program, certain eligibility requirements must be met. Before applying, review the below requirements to be considered for membership in our car-sharing community.
Driving License Requirements:
- Licenses must be valid, unexpired, and government-issued
- Licenses without photographs of the driver may warrant the request for additional legal identity documents
- Instructional permits, learner's permits, provisional/probationary licenses, and junior licenses are not accepted
- Photocopied, digital, and temporary licenses are not accepted
- Canadian G1 and G2 licenses are not accepted
- Restricted licenses of any kind are not accepted
- Non-US licenses may warrant the request of additional legal identity documents
- Applicants joining a consumer (family) or business account must be 21+ years old (or 18+ if residing in New York, Michigan, or Maryland)
- Applicants joining a university account must be 18+ years old
Driving History Requirements:
- Incidents and violations may be grounds for rejection from membership
- Applicants in Michigan under the age of 21 must have no major violations or incidents, including excessive speeding, operating to endanger, reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended or revoked license, and speeding in a school zone (or similar events)
Applicants will be required to accept the terms and conditions of the member application and member agreement.
Meeting the above requirements does not guarantee access to Zipcar's membership program. Membership may be denied or terminated at Zipcar’s sole discretion.