Before you apply for membership, review the below eligibility requirements to become a member of our car sharing community.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older to be eligible for application/membership; 18-20 years old if affiliated with a college or university
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license
- Applicants will be required to accept terms and conditions of the member application and member agreement (stating their driving record complies with Zipcar terms and conditions)
- Applicants that possess a non-US based license need to submit a color copy of their driver’s license and passport. Applicants that possess a British Columbia based license need to submit a color copy of their driver's license, a driver's abstract and claims history. These documents can be submitted through the article Applying with a Foreign License.
- If you are joining in Michigan and are under the age of 21, no major violations*, "incidents" or alcohol or drug-related violations are allowed.
In addition to the requirements above, Zipcar reserves the right to decline membership based on driving history or credit issues.
If you would like to apply you can submit an application here: https://www.zipcar.com/pricing
To learn more about applying please click here.
*Major violations include but are not limited to the following:
- Excessive speed (20 mph or more over speed limit)
- Operating to endanger, reckless driving, etc.
- Leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage
- Operating a motor vehicle with a suspended or revoked license
- Speeding in a school zone (or similar events)