Due to unforeseen issues, we must occasionally move a member to a vehicle other than the one originally reserved. We understand how disruptive this can be and work to notify our members of the adjustment as soon as we become aware of an issue.
When your reservation is moved due to issues outside of your control you will always pay the lower price between the two vehicles.
Some things we prioritize when moving reservations:
- Keep the same start time, end time, and location of the reservation
- If a specialized vehicle is reserved, such as a Zipvan, we will always try to move the reservation into the same or similar type of vehicle
- If the same vehicle type is not available, we will move the reservation to the nearest available car
If this move doesn’t work for you
If your new car doesn’t work for you and you’d like to move to a different vehicle or location, give us a call at 866-4ZIPCAR and we will work to find another car that better meets your needs.
You can always cancel the reservation and have it refunded within our cancellation window. Outside of this time, feel free to give us a call at 866-4ZIPCAR and we will be happy to cancel and refund the reservation.
Why vehicle moves happen
Vehicle moves can happen for a number of reasons, such as:
- Issues with the car’s location, such as on-site construction or road closures
- The vehicle requires unexpected maintenance due to a flat tire, dead battery, or similar problem
- The car is returned late or left in the wrong location by another member
If an unforeseen issue with a reservation pops up, we make every effort to book you into another available car in the area. If we’re unable to find another suitable option for you, we’ll cancel your reservation with as much notice as possible and refund you in full.
The Zipcar mobile app and and website can be used to view vehicles at other locations which may be available.