- Your Zipcard is activated
- Your mobile device is registered
- Location sharing is enabled on your mobile device for the Zipcar app
Once your ride is ready to begin, the lock and unlock icons will appear in the Drive screen of the app.
- Members should always carry their Zipcard with them during a trip. In the event your phone or the vehicle go out of cellular reception, your Zipcard will allow you to continue accessing the car.
- Your phone and the Zipcar must have cellular reception and be within close proximity of the car for the lock and unlock options to appear in the mobile app.
- This feature is currently only available in the US.