Every member in good standing who complies with the membership contract is covered while driving a Zipcar. Here are the highlights:
- Third party auto liability coverage in the US*
- Members age 21+ who joined Zipcar March 1, 2015 or after receive liability coverage of 100/300/25 ($100,000 bodily injury per person, $300,000 bodily injury maximum, $25,000 property damage).
- Members under the age of 21 receive coverage up to the minimum financial responsibility limits required in the jurisdiction in which the accident occurs.
- Members age 21+ who joined Zipcar prior to March 1, 2015 receive liability coverage of $300,000 CSL (combined single limit) per accident.
- Members who joined Zipcar with a university and are age 21+ receive either 100/300/25 or $300,000 CSL, depending on the school’s agreement with Zipcar. If you have questions about your coverage please contact us below.
We provide Personal Injury Protection (PIP), or "no-fault" coverage, at the level required by the jurisdiction in which the accident occurs.
Members are responsible for a $1,000 damage fee per incident, which can be reduced or eliminated with the purchase of an optional damage fee waiver.
*Please note that coverage may be provided under a certificate of self-insurance, insurance policy, or both.
For more information, please consult your Zipcar member agreement by clicking here.