Mobile Unlock Update
After May 1, 2020 in the United States you don’t need a Zipcard to book your first trip, but we’ll still send you one in the mail. Once you receive your Zipcard, keep it with you on all trips in case you’re in a low signal area or your phone runs out of battery.
Note: If you’re in Canada or signed up with a Business account, you still need to wait to receive your Zipcard to arrive before you can book.
- As soon as you're approved download our iPhone® or Android™ app to book your first trip and start driving.
- Use your mobile app (or Zipcard) to lock and unlock your Zipcar. The keys should remain inside the vehicle at all times.
- Before you start driving, inspect your Zipcar inside and out and report any problems via our iPhone® or Android™ app.
- There is a gas card inside every Zipcar that should be used to pay for gas.
- Return your Zipcar to its home location on time, clean, and with at least 1/4 tank of gas to avoid extra fees.
- Trip come with at least 180 free miles in the US and at least 200 free kilometers in Canada (may vary depending on your membership plan).