For the best Zipcar experience, approved members should follow the steps below:
- Download our iPhone® or Android™ app to book your first trip and start driving.
- After you've booked your trip, the app may ask you to enable Location and Bluetooth. These permissions allow you to access the car.
- Use the mobile app to lock and unlock the car. The keys should always remain inside the vehicle. Note: Some members may have physical Zipcards, which will also allow you to lock and unlock the vehicle.
- Before you start driving, inspect your Zipcar inside and out and report any problems via our iPhone® or Android™ app.
- Gas is included in your trip. There is a gas card inside every Zipcar (in the visor above the driver's seat) that should be used to pay for gas.
- Return your Zipcar to its home location on time, clean, and with at least 1/4 tank of gas to avoid extra fees.
- Trips include 180 miles per day in the US and 200 kilometers per day in Canada (mileage may vary depending on your membership plan).